Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, JRamsey. Protein is an important part of the diabetes equation, but so are vegetables. They provide important fiber for balancing your sugar, and important antioxidants to protect your body against the “side” effects of diabetes. Most don’t raise blood sugar, so it is not recommended to skimp on them.

JRamsey156 11 years ago

Dear Ossie, thank you so much for the guidance. I am going shopping today for groceries so that I can even out my meals and snacks. I have been struggling to eat the 4-5 meals a day and get the protein in that I need to have, and it has been very difficult. Maybe by changing to 6 rather small “meals” a day I can get more nutrition and still keep my blood sugar and metabolism evened out throughout the day. I love fruits and veggies, but my doc tells me that while they have lots of nutrients, they don’t carry protein that I must have, so I am working on the chicken, turkey and beef.

Hi, JRamsey. For you, it is important that you divide the foods on your menu more evenly, instead of three medium and three snacks to six small. If you would like to post here a sample day your recieved, I will give you an example.

JRamsey156 11 years ago

I am a newbie and have a question that I haven’t seen an answer to or comment on. Can someone jump in and give me some advice? I recently had weight loss surgery ( gastric bypass-2 1/2 months ago). I have done very well (lost 40 lbs so far!) but I have hit a plateau and want to maximize my weight loss by using what I have read in this program. Do we have to eat ALL the things that the menu planner gives us, or can we pick and choose from the selections? My planner gives me 3-4 things to eat at every meal and snack, and with my reduced stomach size, I can’t begin to eat that much. I want to make sure I get the right combination of carbs/proteins/fat in my diet so I can get off this slump, but what to do? Any ideas from you seasoned “trimmers”?

awayagain4 11 years ago

I have found tomatoes cause inflammation, also red meat and wine.

Fish and chicken is good.

Foods rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids are best for these. Fruits, vegetables, and seasonings are the major sources of antioxidants – the most powerful are pomegranate, berries, grapes, coriander/cilantro, onions/garlic, oregano, and turmeric. Good common sources of omega-3s are flax seed and its oil, chia seeds, and omega-3 eggs; you can also try fatty fish like salmon.
Note that tomatoes are a source of antioxidants, but they can be a bit harsh on autoimmune inflammatory conditions.

crash123 11 years ago

does anyone have any suggestions regarding foods that help with lessoning inflammation? or thoughts on foods that may make rheumatoid arthritis symptoms?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.