Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, schap422. According to your current weight (and what you can see in the “Exchange mode” of your menu pattern), you get daily about 8 servings of starchy carbohydrates, 11 protein (at least three of which should be dairy), 3 fat, 2 fruit, and 4 vegetable. The following are the approximate translations to grams:
1 carb exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 3 grams of protein
1 protein exchange = 7 grams of protein + up to 5 grams of fat
1 fat exchange = 5 grams of fat
1 fruit exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates
1 vegetable exchange = 5 grams of carbohydrates + up to 2 grams of protein
1 sweet exchange = up to 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 5 grams of fat
1 free exchange = up to 5 grams of carbohydrates or up to 2 grams of protein or fat
Your total for each day is about 112 grams of protein, 200 grams of carbohydrates, and 80 grams of fat.

schap422 5 years ago

I’m sorry, I’m still confused. How many protiens do we eat per day, how many starches? How many fruit, veggies and dairy? I want to be able to adapt this diet when I go out to eat, so I can stay on the diet. Thanks!

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, schap422. To see what you are allotted, click on the “Exchange mode” icon in the toolbar above your menu. The exchange sizes are listed here: https://www.trimdownclub.com/exchanges-lists (and correspond to those of dietetic and diabetic organizations around the world).

schap422 5 years ago

Most of these diets have the number of breads, protiens, veggies & fruits, and fats, but I don’t see it in this diet. I am looking for someplace that has the guidelines so I can make adjustments when I go out to eat or don’t have the food I am needing for that meal. I noticed a couple times where it says banana, and I can’t make a substitution. Needing help understanding the diet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.