Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
brmiciak 11 years ago

Listen to your body it will tell you what to eat and when. Good luck to all on your weight lose jouney. God bless.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

You don’t need to multiply anything – just look at the carbohydrate grams in the Nutrition Information (or Nutrition Facts) – every 15 grams is one carb exchange. It is generally recommended for diabetics to eat up to 3 carb exchanges or 45 grams in one sitting. So for example, if you have something that contains 22 grams carbohydrate per serving (be very aware of what amount is a serving!) and something that is 15 grams, you can just add up what you eat, and if you want many things cut down the portion size. In this example, the total is 37, so you can add something that contains 8 grams per serving.

bjtrimdown 11 years ago

To multiple the total carbs on the package by 15. Then add the meal up. But what if the total carbs on the package is under 15?

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Counting carbs should be quite simple. Can you briefly describe the calculation method recommended in the pamphlet? I would be happy to help simplify things.

bjtrimdown 11 years ago

Is there an easier way to count my daily carbohydrates? My doctor gave me a pamphlet called Daily Diabetes Meal Planning Guide. It has a calculation for counting carbs. What a crock! Please, is there an easier way to do this?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.