Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, MrHea1496. You mentioned Candidiasis in another post. Is there another medical condition for which you are receiving treatment? Food allergies or intolerances? Are you using a specific diet other than the Candida diet? Hopefully you are being followed by a medical professional.
Research actually indicates that complex carbohydrates other than those that you listed, such as those from whole grains and beans, are also acceptable for general health and weight loss. Most foods ultimately become sugar, some faster than others. Fruits are actually not bad, as their sugar is buffered by fiber and water that is trapped in membranes – while they have more of an immediate impact on blood sugar than non-starchy vegetables, their effect is definitely better than processed sugar. In this program, processed sugar and other processed foods – including refined carbohdyrates, which the body does indeed see like processed sugar – are discouraged in this program. Regarding maintaining a lean physique, note that carbohydrates are required for the body to efficiently burn fat. Levels that are too low for extended periods of time can result in undesirable side effects – including muscle loss. You need carbohydrates throughout the day, including after lunch, but it is important to combine them with a source of protein and/or fat for proper balance. Whether or not you eat past 6 pm depends on when you go to sleep at night and when you rise in the morning (more than 12-13 fast is not generally recommended, less if you have blood sugar imbalance issues), and how active you are before bed and before breakfast the next day. Most people stop eating after 6 pm because they tend to binge at night, and this “cold turkey” prevention method is very common.
Please don’t worry – be assured that this diet is based on evidence from scientific research and clinical practice, both tried-and-true and new findings. If you have specific needs or other general questions, please do not hesitate to post here.

mrhea1496 10 years ago

Hi,
I am confused about the types of foods allowed to lose weight, and the amount of foods acceptable. I have been informed to lose weight and increase muscle gain, the only carbs allowed come in vegetable format and most vegetables break down as a sugar. The allowed carbs are 1/4 cup sweet pot, 1/4 oats, and 1/4 cup brown rice. Also all fruits are bad as your body cannot differentiate between real sugar and processed sugar. So in order to maintain the leanest physique, you must eliminate all fruits and sugars. I have also been discouraged to eat anything past 6:00 and no carbs past lunch. Can someone help clarify why this programs is deemed healthy weight loss, yet incorporates foods I have been told to avoid to lose weight.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.