Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
mackayla 10 years ago

Thanks for the advise. I will definately have to try some of your suggestions and see which ones I like. Maybe one of them will make a great new addition or replacement for what I have been using. Make my weight lose journey a little easier. Thanks again.

PatsySeo 10 years ago

I am also a granny and have always loved my tea and coffee. I get organo gold coffee. I add it to soy milk for my hot coffee. It is an instant coffee. I get it from Sheryl Aubrey, my friend and neighbor in Moreno Valley
Licorice Spice by Bigelow is a tasty tea that tastes excellent with no sugar or cream, if you like licorice and I do.
There is a real variety of herb teas, I find that Chamomile is very good for soothing an upset stomach but it increases my appetite so I do not drink it unless I have stomach problems. It is good for skin rash as well. Fennel tea relieves gas and tends to suppress the appetite. It is a diuretic, tastes a little like licorice. Seed of the Anise plant. The same on that gives you anise celery which I also am fond of.

mackayla 10 years ago

Thanks again. I have to say that I am a tea granny and would actually drink an average of probably 10 tea in a day or more. This is the reason why I would not eat too much or feel hungry because I would fill up on fluids and the milk and surgar in the tea drank would add to the calories that I was consuming keeping the weight on. Not to mention that my body is in starvation mode from the lack of good food or nutrition. I knew that i needed to cut the amount of tea, surgar and milk consumption out and replace it with good healthy food choices but since i dont have a passion for cooking or food too much, I didnt know where to start. My plan is to onnly have a few coffee/tea in the day and if I do have them to make informative choices. Whether it be green tea, camomille or coffee but limiting the surgar and milk in them as well as eating food and exercise. I hope that with this I will be able to maintain a healthy weight and get to my desired weight and keep it off. Plus the addition of more water. I have a hard time with drinking water because i dont like it but ill drink it really cold. Best of luck to me in the up coming week!

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, mackayla. They are not tallied because they are “free” in terms of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. In general, green, white, red, and herbal teas are quite helpful to health enhancing efforts – coffee a bit less, but 1-2 cups per day are fine (as long as you don’t add a ton of sugar and creamer, of course).

mackayla 10 years ago

why are coffee and tea not tallied in our meal plans???? I still want to have some coffee and tea and I dont know now how this will effect the overall plan and still be effective the way it shold if I drink them and quantity as well. Can someone please answer me this??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.