Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

The spray is better than butter, but do go easy.

pasjj5 11 years ago

When I cook my egg (when it comes up on my menu plan) I spray the frying pan w/Spectrum brand coconut oil spray. Is this ok to do for all the eggs that I eat in a week’s time? KD

Sugarless gum is a GREAT idea!!! 🙂 Try to get types with xylitol as the sweetener, because it has been shown in studies to really protect your teeth.

stgeofun 11 years ago

In the evening I chew sugarless gum to keep from eating snacks. Is this ok?

The claims regarding the effect on thyroid function were from speculation about the benefits of substituting coconut oil for soy oil, which some claim interferes with thyroid function – mainly because of the fact that most soy is GMO (which you can avoid by buying organic) – but which is generally not recommended anyway, for other reasons.
Coconut oil is a source of medium-chain triglycerides (MCT), a type of fat that has been shown in some (but not all) studies to help with weight loss efforts. However, keep in mind that coconut oil is still fat, and saturated fat at that, and still carries with it its own set of risks.
It is best to go with a healthy fat such as extra-virgin olive oil most of the time, and choose coconut for maybe 1/4 of your oil needs.

goldie 11 years ago

I have thyroid problems and love this diet because it excludes the soy so common to many plans. I have recently heard that including small amounts of coconut oil in your diet can help with thyroid concerns naturally and aid in weigh loss. Any thoughts, concerns or other input on this before I try it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.