Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Deborahjjhayes 10 years ago

I make vegetable soup and when it says 1 c vegetable of your choice, I just get out 1 cup of soup. I also make roasted potatoes with chopped onion when it calls for mashed potatoes or baked potatoes. Hugs to you and good luck.

Deborahjjhayes 10 years ago

I don’t think it matters if they are mixed aslong as they are the measured portion they suggest. I really wish you girls would share this great information with our little family at TCN&W!!!Anna ,I need you to share in our group.You have such good recipe ideas. Seems I’m the only one sharing recipes and I need YOUR ideas!!!:)

AnnaH 10 years ago

Thanks Tweety, what you say makes sense 🙂

I bought one of those 8 in 1 slow cookers last year and I’m really pleased with it. I bought a cook book for it and was amazed at the different range of things that could be cooked in it and I understand pressure cookers can be just as versatile. Have fun with yours 🙂
Hugs right back at you, Anna

Tweety425 10 years ago

Yum Anna !~ yesterday I bought an electric pressure cooker and spent the afternoon reading cookbooks for it I had previous checked out at the library. There were a couple of recipes for turkey stew. I am eager to try out the new cooker & recipes.

For this to work for you, try not to worry about being perfect. In time you will see what a good serving size is. It’s a stew, so it’s all mixed in one pot and spooned out in servings. Maybe one spoon will have more than the next of various bits – so it’s all good.

The way I understand it is: you can have as many of the free vegetables you like (go crazy with it girl!), and the other veggies with limits – use less of them. In a stew however, I doubt you will be having more than the limits per serving. So put as many veggies as you enjoy in your stew, and know you are doing it right! hugs tweety

AnnaH 10 years ago

I want to make a turkey stew with enough for tomorrow and also some left over to freeze for other days.
My menu says that I can have 3ozs turkey (dark), 1/2 cup of chickpeas, which the exchange list has at 3ozs, 1/2 cup of white potato and 1 serving of veg.

If I use 5 x 3ozs turkey would I put 5 times the amount of chickpeas or could I use a combination with chickpeas and kidney beans to come to the same amount?

Also I presume that if I’m right I would put in 5 servings of vegetables of my choice. If this is so could I put up to 5 different types of veg in?

I am also confused about the free vegetable, in general with my meals can I have a serving of free veg plus a serving of one that is measured even if it the menu says that I can have 1 serving of my choice? This is only area I feel deprived with this plan. With my main meal I do like a combination of veg for instance mushrooms and onion together. I’m not particularly keen on mushrooms on their own.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.