Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

First, we do recommend that you request a consultation with a clinical dietitian associated with your physician’s office. This way care can best be coordinated.
Second, the TrimDownClub dietary principles are VERY similar to what you need to manage interstitial cystitis and your particular lipid profile.
It is best you limit simple sugars and carbohydrates, including the following, to the bare minimum:
Fruits (both fresh and dried, and of course, any juices) – these are also highly acidic, as this can help you with your digestive system, too.
Sweets
White grains and grain products (breads, pasta, rice, etc.)
Potatoes
Good carbs are those that are “whole,” preferrably “100% whole” or “sprouted whole grain” (“SWG”), and are naturally rich in fiber (though again, fruits should be limited on your diet). In the case of diabetics, if a product has 5 gm or more of fiber, it cancels out the same number of grams of simple sugars – your case is a little similar, but I wouldn’t go overboard with it (better safe than sorry). Non-starchy vegetables are very, very important, not just in quantity, but also variety – note that potatoes, yams, winter squash, peas, and corn are starchy, and may give you some trouble. No tomatoes, of course.
Other than carbs, you want to look out for fats – stick to good fats, of course (no butter, margarine, or shortening), including the following oils:
Olive, canola, macadamia nut, almond, chia seed, flax seed, hazelnut, high-oleic safflower and sunflower, and of course, fish.
Fatty fish are recommended, at least 4-6 oz 2-3 times per week; these include salmon and halibut (preferably organic). If you don’t like fish, fish oil supplelments that also contain E, from a reputable company, can substitute.
Limit other animal fats – go fat-free for dairy, choose the leanest meats possible if you don’t want to cut them out completely, remove skin from poultry, avoid bacon and sausage, go for Egg Beaters instead of whole eggs, and of course, bake or broil instead of fry, and discard any fat drippings.
If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us here.

Rita 11 years ago

I am so confused about carbs. do some good carbs cancel out bad ones. I need a dietitian to make out a menu for me for 14 days. My cholestrol is 278 and triglicerides are 670. I do not want to go on cholestrol medicine. I also have interstitial cystitis and cannot have acidic foods. I would deeply appreciate your help!!!!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.