Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Polly, and welcome! This program is based on the principles of a diabetic diet, so no worries. With regard the favorites bar, perhaps it would help if you add the site to your “allowed” addresses so your firewall doesn’t block it.

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Sue, and welcome! Hope life is treating you well in gorgeous Oracle country. Yes, you are absolutely correct. Regarding the nuts and seeds in particular, research has suggested that despite the fat and calories, they are actually not associated with weight gain in those amounts.

Polly14 9 years ago

Hi, I am also new to this club. Firstly, I’m diabetic so must have some carbs but too many take my blood levels too high, how do I get over this without completely messing up following the programme? Secondly, am I the only person who is finding it hard to save the club to my favourites bar. I am struggling to to get into the site each time.

SUEFANAI 9 years ago

Hi! And help! I’m a “newbie” nearing the end of my first week of the program. Loving the variety of the food, but share the feelings of some of the people in this forum. Seems like some of the portions (especially snacks – e.g. 1oz of sunflower seeds seems like A LOT!) are more than I would usually eat. BUT, I’ve been on and off low carb diets for years. I’m trying to lose about 10lb to get down to what is a healthy weight for me, but more important, keep that weight off and maintain my weight in a comfortable, balanced and sensible way. Am I understanding from your responses that I should eat as much as I can of the prescribed portions, to “re-educate” my body after all those years of low carb dieting? Then my body will re-adjust, and I’ll start to lose weight?

Deborahjjhayes 9 years ago

You don’t need to make this hard or complicated. Listen to your body. If you are stuffed at 9:00 don’t eat your snack. If you are hungry go ahead and eat a little of it or all of it, depending on how hungry you are. Sometimes my dinner fills me up and stays with me all night. Sometimes I’m hungry again in an hour. This plan is so very flexible. They just want to make sure you are never hungry and never feel deprived because if you are hungry you WILL eat something easy and not healthy. So listen to your body. If you can eat it and be comfortable…eat it Stop when you are full. Anyway , that’s how I do it.

pataguilar 9 years ago

I was told that you didn’t have to eat that last snack. Its that not correct. I am losing weight slow. So know you are saying that you have to eat all the meal to lose more weight.

Shen many times if you have been on deprivation diets most of your life you will gain a little at first. Especially if you didn’t eat all of it. Your body is in starvation mode and it needs to reset to get your metabolism reset!!

If you cannot get it all in , this is how I started out. I put it on a plate and ate in a circle until I could eat no more. Just remember. When you eat it all you lose faster. Remember the is balanced for your weight ,height, and physical needs. As a lifestyle plan it is teaching you to eat healthy and not put your body in starvation mode.

drapesrus 9 years ago

I agree it’s a massive amount of food. I can’t get it all in. I am cutting the proportions slightly to see if that works better for me.

Shen 9 years ago

I gained weight my first week. My body doesn’t like this many carbs. It’s too much food – and I used the portions provided. I had to force myself to eat every three hours – I wasn’t hungry! Any suggestions? This isn’t working for me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.