Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
aliciaann 10 years ago

how many carbs per day are we suppose to have and do you have menus for carb and protein combinations I get too many carbs

rvcan 10 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I will choose more legumes for carbohydrates.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Nelewis7. I analyzed your menus, and they come up low-to-moderate in carbohydrates, about 45% of energy, which is what we shoot for (most regular diets have about 60%). If you have been on restrictive diets in the past, you may have really needed the exercise to jump-start your metabolism and start eating normal amounts of food to meet your basic nutritional needs for health beyond weight issues. I am glad to read you are feeling better in your clothes, which indicates more than 3 pounds of weight loss in terms of fat – keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat, and if you have started exercising, the scale may not move for a while as you get more toned. It looks like you are on the right track.

Nelewis7 10 years ago

I have changed my meals on my menu & replace it with the equal to or better choice, however, when replacing the carbs it seems like I am eating way too much. Today after making changes the menu had me eating 2-1/2 swg English muffins. Another day it had me eating whole grain pasta twice. I am confused. I am following how many carbs it says I should have on a given meal. I haven’t losses more than 3 lbs since I started a month ago, but my clothes do feel better. I am also working out now. The first 10 days I wasn’t. Discouraged. Should I be eating more protein? Can I just due a protein shake using powder from GNC & mix it with fruit & water?

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, rvcan. This program is actually fairly low in carbohydrates, about 40-45% of energy, where most people eat 50-65% – and even less when you consider the “available” (non-fiber) carbohydrates. It was actually designed precisely with your age group in mind.
One option to make them work more for you is to select legumes as your carbohydrates, because they also provide some protein.

rvcan 10 years ago

I’m just one week on this diet. I find the carbohydrates intake very high for my age group. I was not able to remove items that I did not use. Will it work if I still take all those carbs?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.