Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Shellrae, and welcome! Don’t worry about it. You can just swap in snacks that are similar in size and content, but are easier. For example, nuts instead of avocado, fruit, vegetables, pretzels or crackers with cheese. You can also prepare hearty shakes or soups that you can put in thermoses and sip on at work instead of the snacks. We have recipes for both in the Recipes area (see above) under Beverages and Soups.

Shellrae 9 years ago

I just signed up today and I work full time with little time to stop and eat so much food for snacks. On one day in the menu they have a snack as 20 pretzels, 1 oz. of guacamole, 1 egg and mustard. The pretzels I can eat while typing but doubt I would get around to the rest before lunch. I guess I need more finger-type foods for snacks.

ssandyjo 9 years ago

I was wondering the sae as sometimes im not hungry or its only half an hr to go for lunch

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Dawniedark. Sure – just make sure that you put the fruits and vegetables somewhere else in your day (to get at least 5 total servings daily), and if your snacks include calcium-rich foods, try swapping them with another food in another meal (unless you are taking a calcium supplement).

Dawniedark 9 years ago

sometimes im not home or not hungry at snack time can I skip it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.