Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, slhaley. Yes, bananas are fine. Note that the larger ones (8 inches or so) count as two fruit servings.

slhaley 3 years ago

Can I eat bananas? I do not see them as a fruit choice.

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, tonismac. The Trim Down Club doesn’t work with calories, but rather with major nutrients. We use an exchange system similar to that by dietetics and diabetes organizations. The following are the approximate nutritional values of each:
1 carb exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 3 grams of protein
1 protein exchange = 7 grams of protein + up to 5 grams of fat
1 fat exchange = 5 grams of fat
1 fruit exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates
1 vegetable exchange = 5 grams of carbohydrates + up to 2 grams of protein
1 sweet exchange = up to 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 5 grams of fat
1 free exchange = up to 5 grams of carbohydrates or up to 2 grams of protein or fat

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, CathyE. Most of our recipes include diabetic exchange information at the end, including those for carbohydrates.

tonismac 5 years ago

I am interested in the calorie count in all your recipes. I hope soon you well included that information

CathyE 11 years ago

So glad that you will be including carbohydrate amounts in the future…my son is Type 1 Diabetic and I would like to share some of my Trim Down Club recipes… thank you.

hazel 11 years ago

I have been eating like this for a while now. Calories are useful simply to know what we are consuming. You’re right in that counting them as the end-all isn’t the main goal. We must focus on nutrition as the main reason to eat and to lose weight while feeding our bodies everything they need to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Apples are usually just fine, unless you are on a very special diet. If you are a diabetic or have high triglycerides, it is recommended to not overdo apples and other starchy fruits.

judygab 11 years ago

Are Apples OK?

That’s what we intended the Menu Planner to do – it is based on a weight/height/gender/goal-appropriate structure. As you start to use it, you will notice a certain pattern in terms of servings and amounts of foods in the various food groups. At first its odd, but then you start to get used to how it feels to eat those right amounts.

clint 11 years ago

How do I monitor what I eat, what I shouldn’t eat, if I’ve eaten too much, if I am not getting enough of the proper nutrients if the information is not available?

We don’t generally work with calories in the program, but are considering adding this information. In the meantime, we are upgrading the recipies to include carbohydrate/protein/fat exchanges and serving sizes. We would prefer the focus be on meeting all of your nutritional needs, no more and no less.

clint 11 years ago

Where do I find the calories for the recipes that are listed in the “trim down club”

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.