Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Sandrae. The program is actually quite low in carbs, about 40-45% of energy, where regular eating patterns are about 50-65%.
In addition, carbs generally “soak up” stomach acid, whereas protein and fat encourage more excretion for more challenging digestion. In cases of very sensitive stomachs, sometimes raw fruits and vegetables are challenging, too, especially those high in acid (like citrus and tomatoes) or that generate gas (like cabbage) or irritation (like raw garlic or onions). Very spicy foods can also cause problems.
In cases of heartburn that have no other explanation (no stress, no bacteria like Helicobacter pylorii – which is worth checking, by the way), the solution is eliminating foods (one at a time) to see what the culprit might be. It is often different for everyone.

sandrae 11 years ago

ps my headaches have gone I now have heartburn I am I eating to many carbs thank you for listening

sandrae 11 years ago

Hi ossie Iam 72years old weigh 230lb wont to loose about 48lbs not very active 5ft 4inches tall breakfast 1 egg omelett 1oz cheese 1cup almond milk half banana snack 1 shredded wheat half banana lunch
1oz salmon 1 tomatoe 1cup potatoe half cup green beans 12oz low fat yogurt 1oz almonds snack 2 plums dinner 3oz cod 1 oz cheese 1 cup potatoes peas snack green tea lemon cottage cheese muffin half oz almonds 2 dates I also have a question Iam in uk does shredded wheat mean our kelloggs and green beans our dwarf beans thank you for your help

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi. The program does not work with calories, but rather with meeting your overall nutritional needs. Compared to regular “diets,” it looks like there is a lot of food here, but that is because this is not intended to be a temporary program, but rather a set of new lifelong eating habits, based on what you need.
If you are concerned, you are welcome to post your age, gender, height, weight, weight goal, and physical activity level, along with a sample day from your weekly menu, and I will compare the numbers for you.

bnperagine 11 years ago

how many colories does the diet want you to eat? i feel like im eating so much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.