Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

The special concern here appears to be blood pressure. In addition to working toward weight loss to help keep it under control, be sure you get enough calcium, magnesium, and potassium – available from deep green leafy vegetables – and cut back on sodium (salt) as much as possible, mainly avoiding processed foods.

Grammynoble 11 years ago

I am new to the program
I think I eat foods according to your program except I don’t eat 6 meals a day. ..will do ..just need some suggestions re snack ideas and combination of foods
I need some assistance with my blood pressure which is really labile lately ..a great concern b/c the dr increased my meds AVAPRO 225MG AND TOPROL 12.5MG DAILY
I am a 64 years old grammy at 205 lbs,..I exercise almost daily water aerobics 2-3/week and gym machines 2/week and Bands when I am not able to keep to this schedule I walk when weather permits b/c I had a total knee replacement and have fallen so I am very cautious!!!
My glucose averages 95 early am reading
I try to drink 40-60 oz of water daily..probably need more green tea …decaf…after reading your quick start
I seem to be gluten intolerant and dairy sensitive so I eat goat yogurt and goat cheese and avoid gluten
As I begin to explore this program what do you suggest to help me regain some control? My weight seems to have a neg affect on my blood pressure
Note: before my knee replacement I did loose 25 lbs and my blood pressure was so within the normal range I was only on 75 mg of Avapro
I think I became less cautious and resumed eating gluten …now I am really motivated..as a grammy for 4 I want to make healthy choices and be healthy
Meds;
multi vitamin..VITAMIN Code for 50 and older woman…from Whole Foods
D3 5000
EFA..essential fatty acids, cal mag,and 81mg aspirin
Thank you for any helpful guidelines specific to my blood pressure problem ..to get my weight down seems most logical
I have seen a endocrinologist b/c I also have a very small nodule on my Thyroid but all test are within normal range and the ultra sound was insignificant in size and will be watched
Thank you for your patience with this long email but I am serious about this endeavor and will appreciate any help
Grammy for 4

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.