Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Fernbank. Your pattern looks excellent for the night and morning before. You can just swap out foods for the food groups you have there – i.e. the night before: rice for pasta, fish for chicken, etc., and the morning of: cereal with milk or yogurt, fruit, and nuts or an egg or an egg with toast, cheese or yogurt, and fruit, etc.
For during-match snacks, bananas are popular, along with plenty of water, of course – fruits in general are good, but banana has the highest amount of potassium. You can also take fruit/vegetable shakes, which can also add calcium and magnesium if you add greens (note that adding protein or fat is not recommended until the post-game recovery period).

Fernbank 10 years ago

Typically, I have pasta and chicken the night before a match, and SWG bread with peanut butter and banana for the morning meal before a 10:00 match. That has kept me going for the 2 – 2.5 hour matches. Since I started this program, I have only had one tennis match, and faired just fine, but are there any suggestions for snacks during the match or specific for before?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.