Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, CindyMick. What were and are now your waist measurements? Are you plateauing now? How long have you had your exercise routine? Also, it could be that the total you had taken in was still too little compared to how much you burned up in exercise, which could result in some plateauing, if that is what you’re describing.
This program is about 40% available carbohydrates, 30% fat, and 30% protein, depending on what foods you choose. These are moderate percents considered more sustainable for most people. If you want to swap out the starchy carbohydrates in your menu here for higher protein options like legumes, or with fruits and vegetables, that’s fine, too. If you prefer a very high protein diet, it is recommended that your blood levels of certain byproducts are followed regularly by a health care practitioner.

TheSirTobyBelch 9 years ago

My weakness is alcohol. I have just retired from teaching and one of the stress-reliefs was reaching for another drink. I have a problem with a large stomach and I reckon as alcohol reduces my body’s ability to process fat by up to 30%. However, it was the craving for unhealthy food that really undid me. I binge in all I do and I’ve joined Trim Down to seek support and above all, a sensible diet that is also healthy..

LisaCheater 9 years ago

Just something to consider: are you taking any medications that can cause weight retention or gain? Antidepressants and similar medications can make it very hard to lose weight. Speaking from experience here! If so, do talk to your doctor about another option that doesn’t carry a weight-gain side effect.

photo4natic 9 years ago

I am right there with you!!!!! I’m hoping to find the same answer!!

cindymick 9 years ago

I was 220 pounds 14 months ago and currently 163 pounds, but I can’t lose inches in my waist. Help. I exercise for 2 hours a day 5 times a week, with HIIT, weight lifting, and running. I eat 6 times a day and have whole foods with carbs only from fruit and oatmeal, eating 5 servings a day of fruit, 2 serving of veggie and most calories from protein. Goal is 50 percent protein, 20 percent fat, 30 percent carbs. Now how do I lose fat from my belly. My goal is to lose another 40 pounds and this is why I signed up for your program. Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.