Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, JienKie, and welcome. Congratulations on beating cancer!
Don’t worry about the specific foods – you can just use the counterpart from the same food group that you can find in your country. Note that you can also buy many items online – for example, on https://shopee.ph/ or https://shop.smmarkets.ph/. If you have questions regarding specific items, please let me know. You can find a general list of keto-supportive foods here – https://www.trimdownclub.com/what-to-eat-keto.
Regarding where to start, it looks like you have generated a menu, which is an important first step. Beyond that, just ease into the changes gradually – don’t try to take on too much too fast or try to be perfect.
The same thing for physical activity – exercise is important, but build your way up if it is fairly new to you.

JienKie 4 years ago

Hi, I just started yesterday and I feel overwhelmed that I do not know where to start. The food choices on the menu is not found in my country. Most of them are not available, so I have no idea what to eat 🙁 I am thinking if this is the right choice for me.

I am a cancer survivor, I had a hysterectomy due to uterine cancer last 2013. I also just had an open cholecystectomy last Aug. 2019. I really want to lose weight but how and where do I start?

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, MsBowles35. I’m glad to read that you’re active at work. What sort of activity is it?
To be active at home, there are various options, from walking in place in front of the TV to doing the types of exercises that we demonstrate in our video clips in the “8-Week Plan” – these are at the ends of the pages for Weeks 1, 3, 5, and 7. If you are interested in video types of exercise instruction, please let me know, and I can make some recommendations.

Msbowles35 4 years ago

Im am active alot when im at work at home im not

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, RHardy2020. It looks like you’re off to a good start, having generated a menu. Have you looked it over? Does it suit you?
Other than that, I would encourage you to check out our main program guide, tools, and searchable “Tips and Tricks” articles and recipes.
Don’t fuss about jumping into anything head-first, or trying to be perfect. Just try to do a little better each day, if you can, and the small changes can add up.

RHardy2020 4 years ago

Hi. I’m new and truly am not sure where to actually start! Any suggestions?

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Debrawill1, and welcome! We wish you much success here, and are happy to help however we can.

Debrawill1 4 years ago

My first day starting the program
Super excited

BluffGirl 4 years ago

Hi LoveMe1025, Are you still hanging in there? I have been in other groups on FB and found it helpful to have open discussions on the progress or not so much progress. Feel free to friend me and we can compare they ups and downs..

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Kats146. I see that you set up a couple of menus. Just click on the “My Menus” panel on the home page, and you will see them.

Kats146 4 years ago

Hello this kats146 My first day here I can not figure out how to set up my own menu or change the food on the menus

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, hopefulandhealthy. It looks like you’re off to a good start with a menu generated here. You can read more on good choices in “My Guides” and “Tips and Tricks” (links in the toolbar near the top of each site age) and get healthy cooking ideas in our searchable recipe collection. I recommend easing into any changes gradually, and make small improvements – they will add up, but without suffering or burnout. The goal is something long-term, not a temporary fix.

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, hopefulandhealthy. It looks like you’re off to a good start with a menu generated here. You can read more on good choices in “My Guides” and “Tips and Tricks” (links in the toolbar near the top of each site age) and get healthy cooking ideas in our searchable recipe collection. I recommend easing into any changes gradually, and make small improvements – they will add up, but without suffering or burnout. The goal is something long-term, not a temporary fix.

hopefulandhealthy 4 years ago

I cant even figure out where to begin.

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, LoveMe1025. Keep in mind that slow weight loss is more likely to be healthy and permanent!
You can give yourself a boost through even just moderate exercise, too. Are you physically active?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.