Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, irenemack. Other than exercise, which I will leave to the expert Meagan, belly fat is often also related to genetics and to hormonal factors such as menopause, stress, insulin imbalances (which this program does aim to address), and getting enough sleep at what are considered “reasonble hours” (i.e. not going to bed in the wee hours of the morning). Note that even if your belly stays larger than the rest of you, when you reach your goal weight, it will still be proportionately smaller.
If you take care to get good sources of protein, high-fiber and unrefined carbohydrates, and “good” fats along with plenty of antioxidants from fruits and vegetables, you can prevent the fat from contributing to health problems.

irenemack 10 years ago

I am a new member to the Trim Club and it is encouraging to see that others have belly fat as well. I seem to be losing in the upper part of my body – but the stomach stays the same. I do yoga and pilates each week – and walk – but the weight remains the same and the stomach still sticks out miserably – what else should I do to see a change in the girth of the belly?
Irenemack

EloiseT 10 years ago

Meagan, do you think there is a point to where you just stop losing weight? Im 52 and I have started walking every day, but I get the feeling that there is only so much weight I will lose. Is this right?

sueme78 10 years ago

Hi, Meagan, I have a question for you. I am 61 and just starting in the trim down club. I walk every day and also use the treadmill at the Y. I try occasionally to use the elliptical, but can’t do it for long. I know I need to add weight training, was wondering if using the bands would be effective or if I have to actually use the weight machines to make any headway. I really hate those machines!

irwin 10 years ago

interesting rhetoric

Meagan Lee 10 years ago

Gshaw,
Let me know if you have any further questions! Good luck!

Gshaw 10 years ago

Thnak you I will do just that and let you know the results

Meagan Lee 10 years ago

Gshaw,
I would suggest to add in 3 times a week of weight training. Seek out a professional fitness trainer and work out for lean muscle mass. What this will do is add lean muscle mass which will require your body to use more calories at rest to maintain that muscle mass and in turn burning more body fat.

Gshaw 10 years ago

Megan,

I am 53 and struggling with losing stomach fat. I walk every day but am not able to do aerobic type of workout as I have a tear in the labrum of my hip. What would you suggest I do to help lose this excess fat?

Meagan Lee 10 years ago

Calculator40: What is the root of your discouragement?? Starting a group class will keep you more motivated and having the accountability is a good thing. That will be a great “restart!”

mvela77: I believe it is a mind over matter battle. You will just have to force yourself to get up and move and make time; even doing little exercises at work will make an impact. Quit telling yourself that you can’t and just do…even if it’s little things like tapping your feet at your desk or doing calf raises; do SOMETHING to keep moving. That will build momentum into bigger things; it will build confidence and the feeling of accomplishment. Start small and then add on in time. You can do it, you just have to stop over thinking and do it.

mvela77 10 years ago

Hello everyone,
I can see myself working out in my mind, but my body just does not want to follow.. How can I get my a$$ off the desk. and make some time for myself?

Calculator40 10 years ago

Yes I have worked out before Meagan, but I get quickly get discouraged and stop. I belong to a gym and will start back this week. I am also going to go to a group fitness program for one month as a jump start. I will take your advice.

Meagan Lee 10 years ago

scorpio37,
Have you been adding in cardio to your work outs? Like power walking or elliptical?? Genetically, you may lose the adipose tissue around your belly last, so keep at it and add some cardio in on the days that you don’t do your weight training. Start with 15-20 minutes and make sure your heart rate is up where it is a little difficult to talk while doing the exercise. That is called the “talk test.”

Calculator40,
Have you ever worked out before or are currently doing a working out program??

Calculator40 10 years ago

Hi Meagan,
what type of workout should be done to work on the stomach. I just started the program today and need to fit time in to exercise. It is difficult to lose my stomach like scropio37.

scropio37 10 years ago

I’ve been doing a tone of squats, lunge. and sit-ups.It seems like my legs are getting smaller but my stomach isn’t what am I doing wrong?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.