Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Hi, bjw396983158. In the 8-Week Program area, there are helpful videos at the end of the pages for Weeks 1, 3, 5, and 7.

bjw396983158 5 years ago

I’m really getting depressed. I stepped on the scale today just to check my un-progress and i’m back up to 207.0 !!! Do you have any suggestions of some gentle exserises for me ?? I’m going to my Dr. next week and i’m going to see if he will send me back to physical therapy. I have downloaded some exersises off the internet and some of the 1st ones I know I won’t be able to do. I just got my floor mat and I am going to try the other ones. Any ideas about where to go to get more exersises?

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, bjw396983158. If you recently started exercising, the number on the scale may not be reliable at this stage. Since you are now swapping fat for muscle, which is much heavier, you may be getting healthier while the number of pounds or kilos stays the same. In this case, pay more attention to how you’re looking and feeling, how your clothes are fitting, etc.
Keep in mind that slow weight loss is more likely to hold long term. Hang in there.

bjw396983158 5 years ago

I started the weight training you suggested according to the therapy I was taking when I was 1st. diagnosed. It seems to be helping a little.I go see my Dr. next week and will see if he will let me go to therapy again. I weighed in at 201.8 this week but not much change. I guess I was expecting a bigger change faster.

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, bjw396983158. I’m happy to help.
If you recently started exercising, the number on the scale may not be reliable at this stage. Since you are now swapping fat for muscle, which is much heavier, you may be getting healthier while the number of pounds or kilos stays the same. In this case, pay more attention to how you’re
looking and feeling, how your clothes are fitting, etc.
If you have been exercising all along, the muscles you usually use may have become complacent and don’t burn energy the way they did at the beginning. In this case, we suggest to introduce new exercises, even swapping them out for the old ones for a little while, to wake up new
muscles. The best results have been reported with introducing weight training—again, it doesn’t have to be super strenuous, just something you can do on a regular basis. Even just lifting filled food cans in front of the TV counts. Another option is to mix up the rhythm by adding bursts of higher intensity movement to a steady aerobic regime. Aim for a combination of stretching, posture-focus, range-of-motion, cardiovascular, and strengthening exercises, especially in the hips – taking care to take it easy with anything jarring that may cause discomfort.
It is recommended to you discuss your plans with your health care
provider to be sure any needed safety steps are taken.
If you’re still stuck, please repost, and I will continue to work with you.

bjw396983158 5 years ago

i can’t do many exersises and I have been on this diet fir 3 weeks. I ride my stationary bike 2 times a day for 20 min and I can get outsides and do a little work in my flower gardens. I had my total knee replacement done in Feb. and am doing great there. I need help !!!! I lost 3 lbs the 1st week then gained back 1 lb then this week i gained a lb. !! I went from 88% healthy diet to 92%.Anyone have any sugestions to help me ???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.