Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

The menus are based on the weights you enter. Hopefully, you are updating your weight in the progress meter.
As for calories, the Trim Down Program does not work with them, but rather the plans are based on meeting your nutritional needs.

Silvergirl 11 years ago

Is the menu based on the amount of weight I enter in the system? According to the menu I got, how many calories am I eating per day? Do the calories change each time I up date my weight? I have been getting menus from the same weight I put in when I first started. Help me understand this. Thank you

Hi, CShriver. Yes, that is correct. It is also to keep you from getting too hungry and suffering and/or binging, and to keep your metabolism up so that you don’t have rebound weight gain.

Hi, Silvergirl. Yes, the intention is for you to eat all the food on your menu. A lot of a person’s response to the initial phase of the program depends on how much you dieted before starting. If you have a history of ups and downs, then it could be that your metabolism is a little worn out. This program works by getting your body used to a normal amount of food so that you can eat well long-term and not be hungry. In your case, you may need physical activity to kick start your metabolism. If you wish to cut back on food, do so cautiously and start with carbs and fats, because if you go too low, you will have rebound weight gain.

Silvergirl 11 years ago

Please help me to understand the eating plan, because I am not doing good at all. I have gained weight. Am I suppose to eat everything on the menu for that day? by updating my weight is my menu updated according to my weight?

barkingmad 11 years ago

I was advised to eat everything on the menu, but I think its tog et us to change our habits, to eat less in the evening and more in the morning so we can burn it off, I felt queasy after eating so much in the morning, but towards the end of my first week there is less morning food… so I think it will balance out. I’m happy because I know i’m eating healthier, and I will only weigh in on a Monday morning, so I’ll put my weight loss if there is one online on Monday..

Cshriver1095 11 years ago

Ossie, thank you for the explanation. What I found confusing was also instructional with the menu. It could be helpful to have a heading on the menu planner that advises that each meal provides the needed balance of proteins, carbs & fat. Therefore, it is important that you eat the amounts stated of all the foods for that meal. Correct?

It is actually the opposite – if you eat too little food, your body will think you are starving and when you go back to regular eating, you will gain back any lost weight plus interest.
The aim of the program is for you to eat the way you would to maintain a healthy weight – not to cut way back to an artificial level.

LKH1 11 years ago

I was wondering the same thing. This seems like way to much food for me in a day. I’m afraid my body will get use to this much food and when I stop eating this much It will crave more food and I’ll gain more weight than ever before.

cindyzink 11 years ago

I have that same question! This seems like to much food and many things on the menu is not easy to get together to bring to work and running to and from kids activities.

Cshriver1095 11 years ago

I was wondering the same thing. If there are 3 items under breakfast are you suppose to pick one or eat all three?

Elise 11 years ago

The menus have way too much food per meal for me. Quiche AND oatmeal? Can you pick and choose from the menu items or is it essential to eat everything on the suggested menus?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.