Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, 1slpers. Everyone needs a different number, and for you 1200 is very low. Very low calorie amounts are generally for temporary diets, and do come with risks of regaining lost weight. We offer complete nutrition for a sustainable, long-term solution. The weight loss is slower but more likely to be permanent.

1slpers 4 years ago

I use My Fitness Pal and note the calories for week 1 are 1600. I was always told 1200 was for weight loss. Is the 1600 correct? I am 5′ 3″ and 188 lbs.

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, SpeedyDuck. Have you tried moving your snack to later at night when you get hungry?
With regard to your weight stagnating, it looks like exercise would be the solution here, since I definitely don’t want you to be hungrier than you are. What would make the workouts easier? I would be happy to make recommendations.

SpeedyDuck 4 years ago

I seem to be stuck here. Keto stick checks show trace, but no significant weight loss and wavering between 136-137. Maybe I eat too much protein. Know my exercise pattern lacks consistency. Breakfast and lunch are easy to follow but the hungriest get me at night. Are a meat and one veggie enough to eat for supper? I eat late – 7:30-8:00 due to fixing supper for a working (nights) son. Then I am hungry again about 9:40. I eat afternoon snack – sometimes a Dr. Atkins bar. Is there anything to curb hunger besides KetoTrim that works? I think I am bored as well. I need to exercise more and eat less, but having trouble doing that. I am 5’1″ and trying to get to 115. I have done it before, but this time due to low thyroid, it feels impossible. Any suggestions?

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, D3132. As you start out at your current weight, you are allotted 2200 calories per day. As you lose weight, that amount will gradually drop to 1600-1800 at a healthy goal weight, depending on your physical activity level. Do be sure to update your profile with any significant weight loss, to be sure your portions are right-sized for success.

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, D3132. As you start out at your current weight, you are allotted 2200 calories per day. As you lose weight, that amount will gradually drop to 1600-1800 at a healthy goal weight, depending on your physical activity level. Do be sure to update your profile with any significant weight loss, to be sure your portions are right-sized for success.

D3132 4 years ago

I am a female my weight is 258 lb my height is 5 2 how much calories am I allowed a day

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Grammy65. You absolutely can edit the menu if you don’t like something. Click on that item, and you can select a replacement from the pop-up list. You can also “heart” preferred items, and block undesired ones. We certainly encourage salads (you can have those whenever you see “Vegetables of Your Choice”). You don’t have to have bread, potatoes, or rice, but this menu will give you some carbohydrates. If you are looking for a completely carbohydrate-free option, be sure to select “Keto” as the dietary preference in your profile (lower right corner).
Given your height, 1200 calories is far too little for you to be well-nourished, and it will likely result in rebound weight gain (your body’s natural reaction to being undernourished). We provide amounts that will gradually bring you to a healthy weight without hunger or metabolic problems. As you lose weight, the amount will go down. I encourage you to be physically active, which is also a great asset to healthy weight management. If you would like more guidance with this, please repost here, and I would be happy to help however I can.

grammy65 4 years ago

I don’t see anywhere telling me how many calories to eat per day. I want to stay at 1200 calories per day. I looked at the menu planner and I see the plan for each day, also that you can edit if you don’t like something.
Can someone explain this to me? I usually don’t eat bread, potatoes, or rice because of the high carbs. I eat salad almost every day and sometimes twice a day.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.