Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Regarding meal replacement shakes – if this is a lifestyle that you know will be longterm (i.e., for convenience and not just for weight loss), it would be preferable to try an unprocessed organic option such as Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal (the most popular is the vanilla flavor, though there is a fairly popular chocolate), mixed with organic almond milk. This will give you the same nutrient mix, but with much lesser chance of undesirable effects.

GailCotterman 11 years ago

Hi and Happy New year! I just join your oh so informative club. I have been folowing the 6 small meals a day advised to me by a trainer for about 5 years.(Great for mainined energy level!) I am certainly adding to my knowledge. My question… I was advised by said trainer to use Myoplex high quality protien drink whenever I do not have time to eat or prepare a small meal. Is this product a unhealthy processed alternative. Product mainly Milk Protein Concentrate, also contains Soy protein Isolate. I am a dental hygienist and drinking a couple of my meals a day always works better in my days schedule.

IMOGEN 11 years ago

Hi Ossie think you meant to reply to Nadine65 but thanks anyway as what you said is very helpful!

Hi, Imogen. You can use your sample menus as patterns. For example, if your breakfast includes a cup of oatmeal, egg, piece of fruit, and cup of milk, then you know you can have a cup of carbs (=2 slices of bread), two servings of protein, and a serving of fruit, etc. If you want to run one or more of your recipes by us, we would be happy to help. In the meantime, I have forwarded your idea of guidance to our development team.

Nadine65 11 years ago

Hi Ossie, just started yesterday , happy new year! Can u advise how much protein, carbs etc u can have each meal if u are creating your own meals please, can’t seem to find any guidelines other than u have to balance carbs and proteins, my cupboard is now full of raw organic goodies :0)

IMOGEN 11 years ago

thanks Ossie very helpful

240 ml or 8 fl oz

IMOGEN 11 years ago

What weight is a cup? Is it what we Brits call a mug? Difficult to understand how much of everything I should be having? Could I have an answer please. THANKS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.