Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

With regard to the additional example you posted…
2 servings of Lemon Cottage Cheese Muffins
4 ounces of Avocado
1 cup of Cantaloupe
…yes, the intention is for you to eat that. The lemon cottage cheese muffins are savory (not sweet), and avocado is a spread that is an important source of good fats (and the cantaloupe is just fruit, of course).
If you click on “View Menu Exchanges” to the right of your menu, you can see your recommended menu pattern to meet your nutritional needs.

Hi, GaitedGurl. Yes, many people just add flaxseed to whatever they are eating or drinking. It represents a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and fiber. If that is not what you are used to, then consider that it represents a healthy fat source, and swap it out for whatever would work for you. What did you have in mind when you selected the flaxseed for breakfast?

GaitedGurl 10 years ago

But foods that concerned me…
This was my first suggested breakfast:

My first breakfast says to have:
2 servings Lemon Cottage Cheese Muffins
1/2 banana ( changed that)
1/2 ounce of flaxseed….

Why would someone eat flaxseed? I could see if I put the flaxseed in the muffins but it doesn’t call for that….so what would I do with the flaxseed?

GaitedGurl 10 years ago

Okay now I am really lost. I thought the when you generated the meal planner that was all you were suppose to eat. So here is what my meal planner says for breakfast:

2 servings of Lemon Cottage Cheese Muffins
4 ounces of Avocado
1 cup of Cantaloupe

Isn’t this all I would eat?
I’m sorry …learning curve.

Hi, GaitedGurl. The items you get on your menu basically make up a list of foods to prepare as you wish, hopefully using the healthy preparation methods recommended in the program, with the exception of recipes that you select. The shake example I gave is just one method of using the items you got.
Regarding other foods that concerned you, can you give other examples? I will forward them to the tech department. We are constantly upgrading the application.

GaitedGurl 10 years ago

That’s just it…my menu doesn’t call for a shake…that’s how I use my flax seed that I have. I listed the exchanges…most of them are not something you would eat alone….so why would you put them in a menu.

Hi, GaitedGurl. Use the swap lists you received to build the shake. 1/2 oz of flaxseed equals 2 Tablespoons, and per the lists it equals 1 cup of high-fat almond milk – so you can swap one of the Tablespoons of flaxseed for 1/2 cup of high-fat almond milk or a full cup of low-fat almond milk and make a shake.

GaitedGurl 10 years ago

A little confused…and a newbie.
My first breakfast says to have:
2 servings Lemon Cottage Cheese Muffins
1/2 banana ( changed that)
1/2 ounce of flaxseed…..REALLY??!!? Just eat some flaxseed (was chia seeds)…used to putting flax seed in my protein drinks but don’t think I can bring myself to just eat it.
So I hit the little exchange button and most of it was 1 tsp of some oil….again…REALLY?!?! The only ones that made a little sense to me was a cup of almond milk or 1/2 avocado
Here is a list of my exchanges:
1/2 ounce of Chia Seeds
Below are foods you did not choose, but can fit as a replacement
4 ounces of Avocado
1 tsp of Olive Oil
1 tsp of Flax Seed Oil
1 tsp of Chia Seed Oil
5 Olives
1 tsp of Avocado Oil
1 tsp of Hazelnut Oil
1 tsp of Almond Oil
1 tsp of Macadamia Nut Oil
1 ounce of Coconut, Raw
2 tsps of Coconut Butter
1 tsp of Coconut Oil
1 tsp of High-oleic Safflower oil
1 tsp of High-oleic Sunflower oil
1 cup of Almond Milk, higher Fat
1 tsp of Butter, Grass-fed/Farm-fresh
1 tsp of Clarified Butter (Ghee)
1/2 cup of Vegan Sour Cream (Soy)
1 Tbsp of Hollandaise Sauce

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.