Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Maverick 11 years ago

I think most bicyclers can relate to your frustration…One suggestion I would make is to ride on roads that have wide shoulders. I sometimes ride due to necessity on traffic lanes with little to no shoulder and it is quite unnerving not being able to see the traffic behind you. As for the dogs chasing bicycles I carry an air pistol, the bb’s won’t harm but will keep the dogs away. I hope this will help some and hopefully we’ll all get more ideas from fellow cyclers…Howie

JMaturan 11 years ago

When I bike, I have this fear of cars passing behind me (I can’t see them). I’ve had friends who had horrible accidents with cars. One died, the other had a concusion, and the other scrapes and bruises. There is the issues with roaming dogs that run after me. I hate it. I can’t seem to peddle fast enough. Suggestions?

Maverick 11 years ago

WOW!!! I can really relate to my fellow bike rider companion. I enjoy riding a lot. My poor wife gets frustrated with me because I’m either riding or I’m home figiting with what to do. I don’t really enjoy the gym thing, so I’m wrestling with the same issue. I think we should put our heads together and find a solution. Until then my friend happy pedalling..Howie

Leonard 11 years ago

Well, it depends on what you want… Really bad weather implies that you need an indoors alternative for bike riding… Maybe something at your local gym that’s not an exercise bike?
Do you need the alternative that simulates bike ride, or just any alternative that’s fun?

Jeremy 11 years ago

Hi all! I am addicted to bike riding!!! I ride first thing in the morning and then again early evening. If it’s raining and it’s not too slippery, I’ll bike in the rain. However, I really do need to find an alternative workout when the weather is really bad. I have no desire to use an exercise bike. Any suggestions of what to do?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.