Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, lotusport. If you are asking about alcoholic beverages, that amount of red wine can be traded for 1-1/2 ounce of unsweetened liquor, 1 ounce of sweetened liquor, or 7 oz of light beer. It can also be used as a fat exchange, and so equal to a teaspoon of oil/butter, 1/4 cup of avocado, or 5 olives. If you had something else in mind, please repost.
In general, you can click on the circular arrow icon next to each item on your menu for a list of items you can swap in. You can also click on “View Exchanges” in the column to the right of your menu, and you will see units that relate to the food lists in the menu planner, and make the switch.

lotusport 10 years ago

…so what could 4-5 ozs (120-130ml) of red wine be a substitute for please? Suggestions welcomed..!

Hi, faeree. In the Menu Planner under the “Dinner” tab, scroll down the Fats category, “Beverages” – there you will see in the list “Liquor, Dry” – this is where bourbon would fall. Bourbon is counted as a fat, because that’s how the body sees it – 1 jigger is equal to about 2 teaspoons of oil. If you add sugary items to it be sure to count those too (though of course, these are not recommended).

faeree 10 years ago

I enjoy bourbon. Can this co-exist with my diet plan?

Hi, feysaechao. It is definitely possible. The Trim Down Club Program Guide talks a little about this on pages 40-41. In a nutshell, the lower the sugar the better, all in moderation, swap it for something else on your menu (preferable something higher in fat), and red wine is best (4-5 fl oz or 120-130 ml once or twice per week). If your lifestyle is very different from this and you would like to discuss options further, please do repost here.

feysaechao 10 years ago

Hi,

Is it possible to have alcoholic beverages without ruining my diet? If so, would anyone have any suggestions of the types of drink that will be alright?

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.