Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, and welcome.
A) True agave nectar has a low glycemic index, but in some ways it affects the body similarly to foods with a high GI – mainly, it tends to raise blood triglycerides (fats), even fatty liver. If you do no like the taste of Stevia, you can try xylitol – which has no aftertaste at all, or monkfruit sweetener, which has less
B) The challenge with protein powder instead of other protein foods is that you need to make sure that it also provides the vitamins necessary to process whey protein in the body, such as vitamins B6, B12, and folic acid (present in whole foods). So perhaps you can add little bits to foods, put it in shakes, or donate it to a nursing home (always a need there).
C)Did you have something specific in mind when you selected cranberries during the Menu Planner application process? In smaller amounts, you can try organic, low-sugar dried cranberries in cereal, or this (you can cut down the amounts here or make a bunch to freeze for later):
Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce
Ingredients:
•1 bag of fresh cranberries (12 oz)
•Sugar substitute equal to 1 cup sugar
•1 cup water
•1/4 teaspoon salt salt subsitute

Preparation:
1. Put cranberries in a pot on the stove, and pick through to remove soft and/or brown ones.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, stir, and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
3. Stir frequently. The cranberries will pop, and then release their “gel” — and the sauce will come together like magic. Cook until the sauce is the consistency you want, about 5 to 10 minutes.

mudman64 11 years ago

I am a new member (started today) and have 3 questions:
a) My wife and I recently started using Agave syrup (In the Raw) instead of sugar or stevia as a sweetner in our coffee. It has a great taste relative to stevia and is tauted to have a low glycemic index. Does anybody have any experience with Agave Syrup… and is this a reasonable substitue for stevia?

b) I have a whole container of protein powder (100% whey) that I was using previously while working out. I was surprised that protein powder was not a option on the meal planner menu. If I wanted to continue to use this (at least until the 5 lb container is gone), could I use it as a substitue for some other protein that is listed.

c) I chose ‘cranberries’ as one of the fruits that I would eat, and then it came up on my very first menu… but that is all it said (1 cup cranberries)… Really? Raw? Sounds a little intense. Has anybody rolled ‘cranberries’ on their menu and if so, did they go for them raw?

Cheers!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.