Delectible lean tenderloin smothered in fresh spring vegetables and antioxidant-rich sauce makes a delicious dinner that will nourish both your body and soul! Paleo and keto-friendly.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Difficulty Rating 2
- ½ lb. / 230 gm beef tenderloin, extra-lean grass-fed/pasture-raised, cut into 4 steaks
- 1 cup / ½ liter organic reduced sodium beef stock
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into strips
- 8 scallions/spring green onions, cut into 3-inch / 7½ cm pieces
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into 8 strips)
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 zucchini/courgette, sliced into strips
- 1 Tbsp. / 15 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. / 1½ gm fresh or dried rosemary leaves
- ¼ cup / 60 ml dry red wine
- Preheat broiler/oven grill.
- Pour beef stock in medium saucepan. Boil until reduced to 1 cup / 0.25 liter, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Steam carrots for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and rinse under cold water. Arrange carrots, bell pepper, scallions, asparagus and zucchini in single layer on large baking sheet. (Stock and vegetables can be prepared 4 hours ahead; cover separately and refrigerate.)
- Heat 2 tsp. / 10 ml of olive oil with garlic and rosemary in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add steaks; cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to plate; tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add dry red wine to same skillet. Boil until red wine is reduced to 1 tablespoon, scraping up browned bits, about 3 minutes. Add reduced stock and bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, brush vegetables lightly with 1 tsp. / 5 ml olive oil. Broil vegetables until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place steaks onto plates and spoon vegetables atop. Spoon sauce over vegetables and steak and serve.
This dish goes well with brown rice, freekah, or mashed or roasted potatoes (⅓-½ cup / ≈100 g = 1 carb serving). Serving Size:
ֲ2 oz tenderloin Exchanges per Serving:
3 Protein, 1 Veg
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?