This is a chicken noodle coconut soup inspired by authentic Thai cuisine. This delicious concoction is so easy to make. For the best flavors, use organic chicken, brown rice pasta, and coconut milk, along with fresh vegetables.
- 8 oz. / 225 g chicken breasts, preferably organic pastured boiled and shredded
- 8 cups / 1920 ml chicken broth, preferably organic low-sodium
- 1 Tbsp. / 6 g ginger root, sliced
- 4 pcs kafirr lime leaves
- ½ tsp. / 3 g salt
- 1 cup / 130 gm carrots, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 cup / 240 ml light coconut milk for cooking
- 2 cups / 112 g brown rice pasta, cooked
- 1 chili pepper, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup / 6 g mint leaves for garnish
- ¼ cup / 4 g cilantro leaves for garnish
- Heat the chicken broth in a stockpot over the stovetop on high; add the ginger, kaffir lime leaves, and salt, and bring to a rolling boil.
- Turn the heat off after 5 minutes, and let stand for about 10 minutes before removing the ginger and lime leaves.
- Turn on the stove to medium-high; add the carrots, bell pepper, and coconut milk. Continue cooking for 5 minutes more.
- Add the shredded chicken and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add the cooked brown rice pasta and the chili peppers; turn up the heat to high, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- To serve, place the solid cooked ingredients into individual bowls using a slotted spoon, and top with mint and cilantro leaves.
- Sprinkle a small amount of lime juice over the mixture before pouring in a ladle or 2 of the steaming hot soup.
Serving Size: 1½ cup / 340 ml
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Carb, 1 Protein, 0 Fat