If you have leftover lemon curd from a previous baking kitchen test project, use it now in this fabulous recipe. The open secret to making this simple but luxuriously decadent lemon pie is the cookie crust. And of course, gluten-free cookies can be used.
- 9 pcs shortbread lemon cookies
- 2 Tbsp. / 30 gm butter
- 1 tsp. / 2 gm Stevia powder
- 1 whole lemon
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 5 omega-3 or grass-fed eggs
- 6 Tbsp. / 90 gm butter, melted
- 2 cups / 480 ml lemon curd
- Preheat your oven to 355°F / 180°C. Spray the bottom and sides of a deep pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Process the cookies in a food processor to obtain a very fine texture. Stir in the butter; pulse beat for a few seconds.
- Place in a bowl and stir to blend well; press to mold the processed cookies onto the pie plate.
- Clean the blender; add the Stevia, whole lemon, lemon juice, and eggs, and pulse beat to blend.
- Add in the butter and pulse beat for a few more seconds. Transfer the lemon filling to the pie shell.
- Place the pie plate in the middle rack of your preheated oven. Bake for 40 minutes until filling sets in.
- Remove from oven and let stand to allow to cool for a few minutes. Spread the lemon curd over the top of the filling.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with whipped cream (2 Tablespoons / 30 ml = 1 fat serving) and sliced lemons, if desired.
Serving Size: ֲ⅛ slice
Exchanges per Serving: 3 Carb, ½ Protein, 3 Fat