A traditional spread made simple. Use wild salmon and pastured dairy for maximum nutritional benefits
10 minutes + 10 minutes if cooking salmon and peas
- 2 Tbsp / 30 g butter
- 2 Tbsp / 15 g flour
- ½ tsp / 3 g salt
- 1 cup / 240 ml milk
- 1¾ cups (8 oz / 240 g) cooked or canned/drained salmon, chopped or flaked
- 1 cup / 160 g cooked peas
- ⅛ tsp. / ¼ g ground black pepper
- In small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add flour salt and pepper, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat while slowly whisking in milk until smooth.
- Return to heat and bring to a boil.
- Add salmon and peas, and heat until mixture is hot, about 5 minutes.
Serve over crackers (1 ounce / 30 g = 1 carb exchange) or potato (½ cup / 60 g = 1 carb exchange).
Serving size: ½ cup / 100 g
Exchanges per Serving: ½ Carb, 1½ Protein