An easy meal-in-one casserole with much-loved flavors.
- 6 cups / 1440 ml water
- 1 cup / 170 g quinoa, uncooked
- 3 large omega-3 or grass-fed eggs or:
- ¼ cup / 30 g flaxseed
- or chia seeds, freshly ground
- or ¼ cup / 120 ml coconut milk
- 1 cup / 240 g organic grass-fed or vegan milk
- 1 tsp. / 5 ml vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. / 2 g Stevia or monk fruit powder or ⅓ cup / 80 g inulin/chicory root sweetener
- 1 Tbsp. / 7 gm whole grain bread crumbs
- ⅛ tsp. / 1½ g salt or substitute
- ¼ cup / 35 g dried currants
- ¼ cup / 25 g slivered almonds
- ⅛ tsp. / ¼ g cinnamon
- ½ tsp. / 2½ ml olive or nut oil
- Rinse quinoa in a sieve under cold running water, rubbing the grain with your palms; drain well.
- Transfer the drained quinoa to a pot with 6 cups of water, and bring to rolling boil; reduce heat after 10 minutes.
- Cook uncovered for about 15 minutes until grains turn translucent. Drain in a colander.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 180°C. Brush or mist a metal baking pan lightly with olive, nut, or other good oil.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs or alternative together with the vanilla, milk, sweetener, and salt or substitute.
- Add in the quinoa, breadcrumbs, currants, and nuts; pour into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon on top of mixture.
- Place the baking pan over the center rack of the preheated oven. Bake for about 40 minutes.
Serving Size: ֲ1 cup / 240 ml
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Carb, ½ Protein, 1 Fat