Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 5-15 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
Health Level 4
- ½ cup / 84 g organic dried corn kernels for popping or 1 3.5-oz / 99-g bag organic plain microwave popcorn
- 2-4 Tbsp. / 30-60 ml organic canola/rapeseed or nut oil
- ¼ cup / 30 g whole raw or coconut sugar
- Optional: ¼ tsp. / 1 ½ g salt, preferably Aztec, Celtic, Himalayan or similar or plain salt substitute
From regular dried corn kernels
- Warm oil in a large lidded stewpot over medium heat.
- Once hot, stir in the sugar and popcorn.
- Cover, and shake the pot constantly to prevent from burning, about 15 minutes.
- Once the popping has slowed to once every 2 to 3 seconds, remove the pot from the heat and continue to shake for a few minutes until the popping has stopped.
From microwavable popcorn
- Pop bagged corn in microwave according to manufacturer instructions, generally about 2½-3½ minutes.
- When fully popped, empty bag contents into large lidded stew pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat well.
- Allow to cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, shaking to ensure even heating and prevent burning.
Pour into a large bowl, and allow to cool before serving.
- Serving Size: 1½ cups / 45 g
- Exchanges per Serving: 1 Carb, 0 Protein, 1 Fat
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?