This shake is a healthy take on a Bloody Mary cocktail, alcohol-free but just as flavorful and even more antioxidant-rich. It can also be heated to make a hearty soup.
- ½ cup / 55 gm cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 vine-ripened tomato or ½ cup / 80 gm cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup / 25 gm celery and leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup / 60 ml organic low-salt tomato juice
- ¼ cup / 60 ml miso broth, cooled
- 2 Tbsp. / 30 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. / 7 gm ground flax seeds
- ¼ tsp. / 1¼ ml tabasco sauce (optional)
- ¼ tsp. / 1¼ ml Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 1 Slice of lemon for garnish
- Pour the liquids into a blender, followed by the solids. Blend for 1 minute, until desired consistency is reached.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Exchanges per Serving: ½ Carb, ¼ Protein, 0 Fat