A light-and-easy take on a Mexican classic.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
Health Level 4
- 4 egg whites or 2 whole eggs, preferably organic omega-3 or pastured
- 4 oz / 114 g low fat cheddar or queso asadero (white Mexican) cheese, preferably organic pastured
- 6 oz / 170 g (about 4 4-in / 10-cm) mild green or red chiles
- 1 tsp / 2 g paprika
- 1 tsp / 5 ml olive oil
- 2 Tbsp / 2 g cilantro/coriander leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F / 160°C. Brush or mist an 8-inch / 20-cm square pan with olive oil.
- Slice open chili peppers length-wise, and and clean out seeds. Grate cheese.
- Place pepper halves on bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the peppers.
- Beat eggs/whites with paprika until blended, and pour over chili peppers.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over egg mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until tender and bubbling.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
¼ recipeExchanges per Serving:
1½ Protein, 1 Veg
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?