- 4 oz / 120 gm fresh tuna
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp / 10 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt or substitute to taste
- Soak the tuna in lemon juice for about 30 minutes.
- Heat olive in a non-stick pain on medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and sauté till golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tuna and toss gently. Cook over low heat, turning sides, so that the tuna is cooked evenly from both the sides. Add salt or substitute to taste.
- Remove to a serving dish, and serve hot with brown rice (⅓ cup = 1 carb serving).
Serving size: 2 oz / 60 g tuna
Exchanges per Serving: 0 Carb, 2 Protein, 0 Fat