Decadent, delicious, and dairy-free, with an option for sugar-free. If that doesn't tempt you, how about high in healthy fats and fiber? "Top" THIS!
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time10 minutes + 1-2 hours
- 1 can (13.5 fl. oz. / 400 ml) full-fat coconut milk, well-chilled or:
- ¾ cup / 90 g macadamia nuts + ½ cup water
- ¼ cup / 30 g powdered sugar, preferably whole cane, or homemade upgrade* or:
- ⅓ cup powdered inulin-based sweetener
- 1+ tsp. / 5+ ml vanilla extract, to taste
- ¼ cup / 30 g whole evaporated cane juice or xylitol
- 1 tsp. / 2½ g organic cornflour or potato starch
- Without shaking or inverting the can, carefully spoon the top layer of opaque white coconut cream solids* into a mixing bowl.
- Add powdered sweetener and vanilla to the cream.
- With a hand-beater or electric mixer on low, start whipping the mixture until frothy.
- Gradually increase the beater/mixer to medium, until the mixture is creamy.
- Gradually increase the beater/mixer speed to high, moving the beater in an up and down motion to add as much air as possible.
- Cream is ready when peaks form.
- Soak macadamia nuts in water for at least 1 hour.
- Add the softened nuts + water and sweetener to a food processor or high-speed chopper with an “S” blade.
- Purée until attaining desired consistency, approximately 10 minutes.