Once in a while, you crave comfort food that is healthy and filling. Try this creamy carrot and sweet potato soup for a change. Your family is sure to love it!
- 3 Tbsp. / 45 g macadamia nut or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups / 800 g sweet potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 cup / 130 g carrots, coarsely chopped
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup / 240 g organic soy or Greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp. / 1 ml Stevia syrup/liquid (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil (and butter, if desired) over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes. Stir in sweet potatoes and carrots; cook for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the water, turn the heat up to high, and bring the water to a rolling boil. After 5 minutes of boiling, lower the heat and continue to cook, for approximately 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and let stand to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Purée the mixture in a blender or food processor; take care to transfer and process the mixture in batches.
- Return the puréed mixture to the soup pot, and stir in yogurt and Stevia syrup. Set to medium heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until just heated through. You can add more yogurt or water as needed to obtain the desired consistency.
Serve hot with a dash of salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
Serving size: 1 cup / 240 ml
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Carb, 0 Pro, ½ Fat