Finally—mashed "white stuff" you can gorge without regret. This tried-and-true favorite is low-carb, heart-healthy, vegan-friendly and Paleo friendly, with the creamy, fluffy texture and good nutrition you've come to expect.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
Health Level 5
- 1 large or 2 medium head/s cauliflower (total weight: 2 lbs. / 900 g)
- 1 Tbsp. / 15 g butter, preferably organic pastured or:
- ½ Tbsp / 7 ml each olive and coconut oil
- 2 cups / 480 ml vegetable broth, preferably low-sodium organic
- 2 cups / 480 ml milk, preferably organic pastured or unflavored/unsweetened vegan
- Seasonings of choice (optional)*
- 1 Tbsp. / 8 g arrowroot flour or organic cornstarch whisked with 3 Tbsp. / 45 ml cool water (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves, roasted and minced
- 1 Tbsp. / 3 g fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. / 1 g fresh or ½ tsp. / ½ g dried thyme
- ½ tsp. / 1 g ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. / 2 g celery seed
- 1 tsp. / 3 g mild or smoked chili powder or paprika
- Salt to taste, preferably Native American salt pan type
- Scrub and cut cauliflower into florets.
- Warm oil in 2-quart non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add cauliflower, and sauté until lightly browned and fragrant, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add arrowroot or cornstarch mixture, and continue to cook over low heat for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.Add liquids and seasonings, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until cauliflower is very tender, about 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Empty pan contents into a food processor, blender, or bowl, and process/blend/beat until smooth. Spoon into serving dish.
Best served hot. Can be frozen. Serving size: 1
cup / 120 g Exchanges per Serving: ⅓
Protein, 1 Veg
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?