Easy to make, light yet satisfying, with a universally appealing taste. Gluten-free and vegan-friendly.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
- 2 ears organic corn, husks removed
- 2 cups / 480 ml water
- ½ tsp. / 2½ gm butter
- ½ cup / 50 gm potato, diced
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 oz. / 120 gm plain organic soy or Greek yogurt
- 1 hot pepper, finely chopped
- Boil water in a pot. Simultaneously, cut the kernels from the corn cob into a bowl or container.
- Place the cobs in the water and allow them to simmer there into a broth, ideally 15-30 minutes, after which remove the cobs from the broth. Meanwhile, prepare all the other ingredients.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and stir until they are well-coated;.continue to sauté until nearly cooked.
- Add the hot pepper, onion and garlic and sauté for another 1 minute.
- Add the potato mixture and corn kernels to the broth and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- For a nice twist, puree half of the soup and add it to the other half.
- It will then have a combined smooth and chunky texture. Add in the yogurt. Season with pepper and salt and serve hot.
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?