The ultimate crowd-pleaser at home and at parties, made simple, quick, and healthy.
- 1 lb /450 g grass-fed/pastured lean or extra-lean ground beef*
- 1 omega-3 or pastured egg
- ¼-½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup / 25 g 100% whole grain bread crumbs
- Seasonings to taste (garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, etc.)
- Blend all ingredients together. Split mixture into 4 balls and press into patties.
- There are two options for cooking:
- Heat a 9-10-inch / 23 cm round non-stick sauté pan over high heat. Place the patties in the pan and lower the heat to medium.
- Cook for 3 minutes until patty browns. Turn over and cook for another 3 minutes. Check for desired doneness (at least some degree of cooking all the way through) before removing from heat.
- Broil on a grill pan, to allow any excess fat to drip away. Cook for an equal amount of time on both sizes until desired doneness.
- Serve with condiments alone (mustard, ketchup, barbecue or teriyaki sauce, cut fresh vegetables) or with a 100% or sprouted whole grain bun (1 whole bun = 2 carbs).
*The recipe can be varied by substituting with lean ground poultry or game.
Serving Size: ֲ1 patty (3 oz / 85 gm)
Exchanges per Serving: 0 Carb, 3 Protein, 0 Fat