Egg salad is delicious by itself, on bread or crackers, in a casserole, or as garnish for an elegant appetizer. Choosing the best eggs and seasonings makes all the difference in turning this classic comfort food into a health booster.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 8 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
Health Level 5
- 8 eggs, preferably organic omega-3 or pastured
- 4 Tbsp. / 60 ml mayonnaise, organic omega-3, olive oil, or flaxseed-based
- 2 Tbsp. / 15 g chopped celery or olives (optional)
- ½ Tbsp. / 4 g each finely chopped dill or chives (optional)
- ½ tsp. / 1½ g granulated garlic
- ½ tsp. / 1 g ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. / ½ g paprika
- Bring 2 quarts / 2 liters of water to a boil. Add the eggs, and boil for about 8 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Finely chop the hard-boiled eggs, or mash them with a potato masher or a fork.
- In a bowl, blend the mashed eggs with the rest of the ingredients. Correct seasoning to taste.
- Serve with alone, spread over SWG* bread or roll (1 slice or ½ roll = 1 carb), or mixed with cooked pasta (½ cup = 1 carb).
- Garnish with dill or chives, if desired.
*SWG = sprouted whole grain
- Serving Size: ¼ cup / 2 oz / 57 g
- Exchanges per Serving: 0 Carb, 1 Protein, ½ Fat
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?