Strawberries and bananas make for one of the most popular shake combinations of all time. While the original was already rich in vitamin C and potassium, this version adds calcium, protein, and omega-3s to make a healthy treat that tastes like a rich dessert.
- 4 medium-sized strawberries, sliced
- 1 banana
- 1 cup / 240 ml organic grass-fed or vegan milk
- ¼ tsp. / 1¼ gm Stevia or monk fruit sweetener
- 2 Tbsp. / 14 gm ground flaxseed* (optional)
- 2-3 ice cubes (optional, for thinner consistency)
Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until desired consistency.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Exchanges per Serving: 1¾ Carb, ½ Protein, 0-½* Fat