An easy cholesterol-free breakfast dish. Vegan
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
Health Level 5
- ¾ cup / 164 g chickpeas, cooked or canned/drained, mashed
- ½ cup / 75 g potato, shredded
- 1 small yellow onion, pureed
- ½ Tbsp. / 2 g fresh oregano, chopped or:
- 1 Tbsp. / 3 g chives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced or:
- ¼ tsp / 1½ g ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. / 15 ml olive oil
- Combine first 7 ingredients together.
- Brush ½ of the oil in an 8-inch / 20-cm lidded non-stick skillet. Warm over medium-high heat.
- Add form two patties from the chickpea mixture in the pan, and cover. Lower heat to medium, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Lift the hashlette patties with a large spatula, brush remaining oil over bottom of pan, and return hashlettes to their non-cooked sides. Cover pan, and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown.
Can be frozen. Serving size:
1 hashlette Exchanges per Serving: 1½
Carb, ½ Protein, ½ Fat
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?