Savory is one of the herbs in the French staple “Herbs de Provence.” And it brings an absolutely delightful flavor to this light soup.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
- 2 tsp. / 28 ml olive oil
- 1 large red/purple onion, diced
- Salt or substitute, to taste
- ½ tsp. / 2 g freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups / 500 g chopped carrots
- 5 cups / 1200 ml low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. / 2 g fresh or 1½ tsp / 2 g summer savory dried
- In a medium Dutch oven cook the onions in olive oil over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and season with salt and substitute (if desired) and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until softened.
- Add the broth and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the savory and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Gently ladle half the soup into a standing blender and puree to desired consistency. Add the pureed soup back to Dutch oven. Stir well.
- Serve with crusty bread (1 oz / 28 g = 1 carb exchange).
- Serving Size: 1 cup / 240 ml
- Exchanges per Serving: 1 Veg
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?