This panna cotta recipe is sweet and refreshing. Molded or unmolded, you are sure to enjoy this creamy dessert complimented with blueberry compote.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
- 2 cups / 480 ml organic grass-fed or vegan milk
- 3 tsp. / 6 gm powdered gelatin or agar, unflavored
- 1 tsp. / 2 gm Stevia powder or monk fruit sweetener
- ½ lemon, juiced, with peel sliced into strips
- ½ orange, peel sliced into strips
- ½ pc vanilla bean, split
- 6 oz. / 170 gm organic soy or Greek yogurt
- 1 lb. / 450 gm fresh blueberries
- 1½ tsp. / 3 gm Stevia or monk fruit sweetener
- 7 tsp. / 35 ml fresh lemon juice
- Sprinkle gelatin powder over ½ cup / 120 ml of milk, stir with a fork, and set aside to chill.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining milk, sweetener, peels, and vanilla bean; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Discard the vanilla bean and peels before stirring in the gelatin/agar-milk mixture. Let stand to cool slightly, and then add in the yogurt.
- Place the pan in ice water until the mixture is thickened.
- Pour into individual custard cups or glass molds; chill for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Put the berries in a medium saucepan and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the sweetener and lemon juice into the berries.
- Cook for about thirty minutes, until a thick consistency is obtained.
- Let cool before putting in a container with a tight lid and refrigerating.
- When ready to serve, scoop a spoonful of blueberry compote over the panna cotta.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Exchanges per Serving: 1¾ Carb, ¾ Protein, 0 Fat
Hi, Catbrad. The health level of this recipe is “5” (best).
What is the health level of this dessert?
Hi, LisaCC. The yogurt is plain unless otherwise specified.
When recipes ask for greek yogurt, is that plain or in some cases can you use vanilla?
Hi, PamnNeil. Substituting ingredients depends on what is available to you in place of what is in the recipe. To what were you specifically referring here?
Hi, JohnWade. The recipe has been reworded slightly for clarity. Thanks for your input!
although it didn’t set up well (I will use more gelatin next time) this was a very nice treat. I didn’t have orange or lemon zest, so had to use extracts, but taste was still good.
Orange juice, is it used? 7tsp Lemon or 2 Lemons, how do you sqeeze a lemon over teaspoons, it is 1/4 cuo minue 1 teaspoon. I am sorry but being a cook I understand how it is done but do you really think everyone has that knowledge?
Cardomom how much?
When do you put in the juice????
what is cardamom?
what happens when you change a little the recipe? or if you cant find ingredients?