These fluffy, tangy breakfast favorites have been upgraded here to be high in fiber and antioxidants as well as protein and good fats. Can be made gluten-free and vegan.
- 6 oz / 170 g low-fat Greek yogurt, preferably organic pastured or vegan
- ½ cup / 60 g whole grain flour
- 1 egg, preferably organic omega-3 or pastured or ¼ cup / 60 ml flaxseed gel*
- tsp. / 4½ g baking soda
- 2 tsp. / 9 g softened butter, preferably pastured or olive or nut oil
*Blend 1 Tbsp. / 15 g whole flax seeds with ½ cup / 120 ml warm water in a food processor or chopper for approximately 30 seconds until a viscous gel forms; strain gel through a wire mesh colander into the desired receptacle, agitating seeds with a spoon or rubber/silicon spatula.
- Mix egg/gel with Greek yogurt, and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add dry mix mixture to yogurt and egg/gel mixture.
- Brush butter/oil onto a non-stick pan over medium heat. When hot (but not smoking), pour in batter by spoonfuls of slightly over ⅓ cup / 90 ml.
- Cook until golden-brown on both sides, brushing the pan with additional butter/oil as needed .
Serving size:1 4-inch / 10 cm pancake
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Carb, 1 Protein, 0 Fat