Grilled Chicken Salad: Great!
- 1 cup / 5 oz / 135 gm boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
- 4 Tbsp / 60 ml grapefruit juice
- 2 cups / 4 oz / 100 gm lettuce, shredded or torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 tsp / 5 ml garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp / 30 ml olive oil
- Marinate chicken with ½ of the grapefruit juice, ground black pepper , salt and garlic paste. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Grill chicken on charcoal or in a grill pan till tender.
- Arrange the lettuce, cucumber, carrots and tomatoes on a plate.Make dressing by crushing cumin seed in a mortar with olive oil, adding the remaining grapefruit juice, and mixing well.
- Top with chicken, drizzle with dressing, and serve immediately
Serving size: 1 cup