An option for roast that’s outside of the usual beef, and surprisingly quick and simple. With all the savory seasonings, you’ll never miss the salt.
- 1 3-lb / 1½-kg boneless pork loin roast
- 1 Tbsp. / 6 g black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. / 10 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp. / 2½ g dried basil
- 2 tsp. / 2½ g dried rosemary
- 2 tsp. / 2 g dried thyme or 1 tsp / 1½ ground thyme
- ¼ tsp. / ¾ g garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. / 1½ g salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Pat roast dry with paper towel.
- In small bowl, combine all rub ingredients well, and apply to all surface of meat.
- Place roast in a shallow pan, and roast in in preheated oven for 1 hour (20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145ºF / 60ºC.
- Remove roast from oven let rest about 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Serving size:3 ounces / 85 g
Exchanges per Serving: 0 Carb, 3 Protein, 0 Fat